Today is Halloween, so you know what that means! Lots of candy, costumes, parties, and trick-or-treating! Gathings Law wants to remind everyone to stay safe out there tonight with a few Halloween safety tips from the American Red Cross:
- Plan out your trick-or-treat route and make sure that a responsible adult goes with your trick-or-treaters.
- Make sure that your trick-or-treaters can see, give them flashlights so they can see where the are going.
- Add reflective tape to your little ghouls and goblins’ trick-or-treat bags and/or costumes so that they can be seen.
- Only visit homes with the porch light on.
- Do not allow your children to enter the house you’re visiting unless you know the owners.
- Make sure to walk on the sidewalk and not in the street. If there are no sidewalks, walk on the edge of the road facing traffic.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Do not cut across yards or alleys. Do not cross between parked cars.
- Make sure to check your trick-or-treaters’ candy bags before they dig in. Remove all loose or already opened pieces of candy. Throw away the candy with name brands that you’re unfamiliar with.
We here at Gathings Law hope that you have a wonderful and safe Halloween night!