The holidays are here and as everyone prepares to travel to be with their friends and family this season, we here at Gathings Law want to remind you to be safe out there on the roads. Here are some helpful holiday safety tips from AAA:
- Before embarking on your road trip, make sure that your vehicle’s maintenance is up-to-date. Also make sure to check your tires!
- Make sure to account for heavy holiday traffic when planning your route. If possible, you may want to consider leaving earlier to avoid holiday congestion on the roads.
- When traveling, keep anything valuable in the trunk or covered storage area in your vehicle.
- If traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Make sure to accompany them when stopping to use the restroom on your trip.
- Make sure to have roadside assistance contact information on hand just in case you have some difficulty on the road.
- Make sure to pack a phone charger with you so that you have a way of contacting help should you need it.
- And certainly, let someone else drive if you have been enjoying a holiday cocktail.
We here at Gathings Law hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season! Happy holidays!