Every 13 minutes, someone in Alabama is injured in a car accident. It is one of the most common reasons that people go to court. Car crashes can be unnerving and you can be left unsure of what to do next. Take a look at this list now so that if you are ever in a car accident, you have something to think about.
- Stay calm and make sure everyone is safe. If anyone is injured, call 911 right away.
- Check for any damage to your car and any other car involved in the accident.
- Take pictures of the damage and the scene. Take pictures of the license plates as well so that you don’t forget the information.
- Take notes of the surrounding area. Record the information of what happened and what the conditions were while the details are fresh in your mind. Write down the other license plate numbers and descriptions of the cars involved.
- Get information from witnesses. Get the names and contact information of everyone who witnessed the accident.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Keep track of any money you spend out-of-pocket and everything you had to do related to the accident.
- Do not agree automatically to anything insurance companies tell you. You do not have to accept their first offer for damages.
9. If you have any trouble, contact us and see how we can help you.