The start of the new year always brings about change and resolutions. This year, as you look to make new business resolutions Gathings Law is here to help. Businesses are constantly rearranging and making changes to better adapt to their markets and the evolving needs of their customers. If you haven’t thought about what direction you want to take your business in 2018, here are some things to consider:
- Incorporating: When was the last time that you looked at the organization of your business? If you think incorporating is something that would help your business, let us know and we will give you the pros and cons of changing your structure.
- Tax Paperwork: Now is a good time to look at your taxes. ‘Tis the season to iron out any issues that may arise with the IRS. It’s also a good time to talk with your tax advisor to see if you qualify for any deductions, especially as the tax laws significantly change for many businesses this year.
- Documentation: As the new year approaches, it’s a good time to look through your business’s documentation and make changes. Remove documents that are obsolete, correct mistakes, make a list of any new licenses you need to apply for, etc.
- Employees: Your business thrives with the help of your employees. Take the time at the end of the year to give your employees evaluations so they can continue to improve their skills and grow your business. Also, make sure that your employee agreements and employee handbook is updated for the upcoming year.
- Set Goals: It sounds cliche to say make resolutions for the new year, however, when growing a business having specific goals in mind is extremely beneficial getting your business where you want it to be.
At Gathings Law, our main goal is to always help you grow and protect your business and achieve your goals. So as you prepare for the new year, call Gathings Law. We are here to help your business thrive.